~ A Day Out ~

On a Tuesday at that. How come? Let me tell you....ting a ling a ling a ling.....

The past few months were crazy busy at work for the man of the house. And as I always say here, I am not complaining about that. In fact I'm very thankful that he's busy because it means he has work which for some people is very hard to come by nowadays. Anyway, because of his very busy schedule I had to schedule some things around his free time. One of those things is a test I need to take for a prospective job. It would have been easier to schedule the test if I knew how long it would take for me to finish. But such is not the case. According to my contact at the testing center it will all depend on me. It can take me a couple of hours to at most 6 hours depending on my 'abilities'. So we have to set aside a full day for me to be able to take it...and today was that day.

We had to leave the house early...around 6:30 this morning because the drive to the venue is about 45 minutes, give or take a few minutes. We had to locate the place also since we've never been there so we wanted to make sure we had ample time to spare just for that. I made it to the venue with a few minutes to spare and I only waited for a few before the test officer led me to the testing room. While he's preparing the paperwork I tried to 'extract' information from him as to how long the test can take...at least an estimate. His answer was the same as last time...it depends on your abilities. The last one that took it stayed from 8 AM till 3 PM. Yikes. Anyway, he set up the computer for me and I started the test at 8. I was ready to spend the next several hours there but it turned out that I didn't have to spend as much time as the last one that took it. I was able to finish it in less than 3 hours with breaks in-between because the computer automatically goes on a scheduled break after a number of questions. I couldn't just go back in the test also because the test officer has to input a code every after break. Without the breaks I could have finished it in about 2 hours. Anyway, I passed the test. The officer was kind of surprised that I finished that fast. Modesty aside, I wasn't. It's not that hard....haha.

So what happened to my 2 'bodyguards' while I was taking the test? They went exploring the neighborhood. We kind of planned around the idea that I will be taking the test until at least after lunch. The little one brought a lot of stuff to keep her busy while waiting for me...2 books, her Nintendo, drawing pad and pencils. She even has her 'medicine' cabinet as she calls it. She didn't really use a lot of those because they found a zoo close by the testing place. They were in the middle of the zoo tour when I called at around 11 so they had to get out of the zoo to pick me up. We then had lunch and back to the zoo we went. It's a good thing it's a bit cloudy and drizzly during that zoo walk or it would have been a very unpleasant walk because of the heat. The sun decided to show up right around the time we finished so we decided to call it a day and headed back home. The little one was very happy of our little day trip. She doesn't get a lot of those so every one we take is exciting for her.


Ciela said…
Patuka lang ba sa manok sa dali, Huling? Ikaw na! Congrats sa bagong raket! Umaapaw ang blessings! Happy for you! Saan bang zoo kayo naglamierda? Nag-enjoy ng husto ang princesa for sure! Wala bang pics?

Hope to be back asap. Antok na ko. 2am here nw. Tc!

Popular posts from this blog


Lucky 13

100 Truths...a Tag!